Who We Are
This position is responsible for the safe driving of the mobile test unit and the proper running and maintenance of the vehicle. This position requires a valid Alabama CDL and DOT certification to operate agency vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives Mobile Testing Unit to and from clinic sessions, health fairs and other events, as directed.
- Maintains awareness of potential risk to clients, staff and facility while clinic is in session.
- Performs all routine maintenance and interior cleaning services for mobile unit.
- Replenishes stock of clinic/medical supplies to mobile unit in collaboration with MTU coordinator.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Completes medical supply inventory and reports items to be ordered to Nurse Supervisor to order.
- Performs setup & take down for all clinic & laboratory areas during clinics or community events.
- Maintains daily log of vehicle mileage and compressor hours.
- Completes driver vehicle evaluation form weekly.
- Maintains log of routine inspections of vehicle, daily, weekly and monthly.
- Assists with patient flow during clinics or community events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws.
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of general housekeeping functions
- Ability to work with clients and their families from diverse populations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and clients.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
High School or equivalent and possession of a valid Alabama CDL with clean driving record for at least 5 years. Must be able to pass a DOT physical and maintain a DOT certification.
No phone calls will be accepted.