Join the Movement
Are you ready to join SMASH? You can if you
- are a rising 9th-11th grader
- can attend a mandatory leadership and training retreat in late summer
- are interested in providing accurate sexual health information to peers
- can commit to monthly meetings
- can occasionally miss school for presentations
SMASH (Student Movement Against Stigma and Hate) members will be encouraged to develop their leadership skills in a number of creative ways. After comprehensive training and guidance, SMASH members will be expected to provide presentations and participate in various projects in local schools and community groups. Topics of presentations will include: HIV/AIDS education, pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infections, and healthy relationships.
If accepted as a member of SMASH (Student Movement Against Stigma and Hate), I agree to fully participate in all activities (within reasonable commitment and time limits).